1. I am not a permanent resident or citizen of the United States. Am I eligible for the program?
- No, only citizens of the United States are eligible for the program. This stipulation applies to both faculty and graduate students.
2. I would like to apply for the program but do not yet have my green card; however, I plan to receive it before my fellowship begins. May I still apply for the program?
- No, you must be a U.S. citizen at the time of application in order to be eligible to apply for the program.
3. Are undergraduate students who will be entering graduate school the fall semester after the summer fellowship eligible?
- No, only students who are currently pursuing a graduate degree (either a master's or Ph.D.) at the time of the fellowship nomination are eligible.
4. Are students who have fully completed their graduate studies prior to the summer fellowship eligible?
- No, students who have fully completed their graduate studies are not eligible. Students must be enrolled in graduate school the semester after they have completed the summer fellowship.
5. Are students enrolled in a joint BS/MS program eligible?
- Yes, these students are eligible, provided they are enrolled in graduate school the semester after they have completed the summer fellowship. (Students application must accompany your proposal)